Reply to: XMetaL crashing multiple times a dayMay 2, 2012 at 6:36 pm
That INI variable probably won't help here. It was added for a very specific reason to help tracking down conflicts with McAfee antivirus and probably won't provide any useful information in your case. It isn't something you should turn on unless asked to do so directly by XMetaL Support (the main reason it is undocumented).
The issue you are seeing is known and the crashes you are seeing are due to incompatibilities between our code and Documentum Webtop that need to be addressed with a hotfix.
What you should do is the following:
1. Uninstall XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.
2. Uninstall XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0.1.
3. Upgrade to XMetaL Author 6.0.2.070 (6.0 SP1). Standard updates and patches are obtained through our sales team.
4. Reinstall the version of XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop that you have.
5. Obtain and apply a hotfix from XMetaL Support that fixes this issue by updating a few files that are part of XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop.