Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Delete key is not working in XMetal Author Reply To: Delete key is not working in XMetal Author

Derek Read

Reply to: Delete key is not working in XMetal Author

OK. First thing I would try is to eliminate your customization as the problem. To do that you can open another one, such as the Journalist sample: File > New > Journalist (tab) > Article (template).

Does the same thing occur there?
– No: there is a pretty good chance that this is a document-level customization issue specific to your customization. Most likely candidates are MCR or CTM files included with your DTD / XSD.
– Yes: you may have an application-level customization issue affecting all document types. Most likely candidates are MCR files in the Startup folder.

In both cases debugging your customization is probably the quickest way to resolve this. You may also wish to simply eliminate any MCR files and see if that resolves the issue (then concentrate only on the MCR file that triggers this issue when it is present).

It is possible that you have found a bug, but we have nothing noted here in our bug tracker. The delete key is working just fine as far as I can tell in my testing, with no other reports from clients having a similar issue either.

Products
Downloads
Support