Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Getting an Output Failed Error each time I try to generate anything in XMetaL Reply To: Getting an Output Failed Error each time I try to generate anything in XMetaL

Derek Read

Reply to: Getting an Output Failed Error each time I try to generate anything in XMetaL

There are a few things here that, even if they are not the cause of this particular issue, should be corrected.
You have an @href that is pointing to this location: “http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb763170.aspx” which is clearly not a DITA file (even if it is the DITA OT is going to assume it is not). To avoid this error the @formatattribute should be changed to something other than “dita” or “xml”.

In addition, the errors where you are referencing files that cannot be found should be easy to correct. I would also go through the rest of this list of errors and correct as many of the others as possible.

If you have made changes to the DITA OT then that could be part of the issue. The last 12 errors suggest that (though the DITA OT might be confused by something else). If changes have been made then it might be easiest to submit a support case to XMetaL Support and include the files that are required to produce output as you are doing it (all your changes to the DITA OT and some sample files) so that they can try to reproduce you setup and trigger the same errors.

Products
Downloads
Support