Reply to: Retrieving Entity ContentAugust 12, 2011 at 12:03 am
You are correct.
[quote=Programmer's Guide 'nodeValue']
The DOM specification details which types of nodes have values, and where the values come from:
– DOMAttr: the attribute value
– DOMText: the text
– DOMCDATASection: content of the section
– DOMProcessingInstruction: everything in the PI except the target.
– DOMComment: content of the comment.
– DOMCharacterReference: the decimal number corresponding to the character (extension to DOM)
– All other nodes: null.
Entities fall into the last category, so this API will return null.