Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Validation Schema and XInlcude and validation in general Reply To: Validation Schema and XInlcude and validation in general

Scott Speights

Reply to: Validation Schema and XInlcude and validation in general

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply. Well, essentially, my first wish is this: I have implemented DocBook using RelaxNG and schematron to validate, and it would be nice to be able to use XMetal to edit these documents WYSIWYG without giving up the RelaxNG. e.g. Finding a way to build in a RelaxNG validator or validating against a Schema without having to make a declaration in the document. Therefore the question about the processing instruction.

More realistically, I thought that I could just make use of the existing customization and use the DocBook schema to validate the documents (my preference to DTD) iinstead of the DTD but XMetal responds with a message that the xi:xinclude element is not supported by the schema. And so I am not able to toggle the XInclude funcitonality. What I would like to know is how to get the XInclude functionality working using the existing customization with a schema.

I will check out the API documentation that you mentioned in your reply. But if you all couldĀ  tell me how to get XInclude working that would be great.

Regards,
Scott

Products
Downloads
Support