Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion how to get ‘mixed’ landscape and portrait pages from a DITA map Reply To: how to get ‘mixed’ landscape and portrait pages from a DITA map

nlpharrison

Reply to: how to get ‘mixed’ landscape and portrait pages from a DITA map

Hi Derek,

The check for outputclass=”landscape” is implemented by the custom stylesheet [my client's stylesheet] that I'm using, which is a customization of [and directly imports] the DITA-OT dita2fo-shell.xsl stylesheet.  When it sees that attribute value, it calls its customized version of the landscape page-master template. 

The thing is, I'm using the same stylesheet inside and outside of Astoria – I created a customized version of the DITA-OT folder to use with my local XMetaL when I working with this client's content – and the same source files.  Other than the landscape issues, the stylesheet seems to have the same effect on the source files in terms of formatting and page-, topic-, section-, figure- and table-numbering, whether I invoke it from within XMetaL or from within Astoria.  My client's writers are all using XMetaL to author in, so they've set up their system to coordinate as well as possible.

I'm also discussing this with their Astoria expert, but I just wondered if anyone had ever run into this before.

Thanks,
Nancy

Products
Downloads
Support