Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Get PDF output to include preview titles and short description at chapter top Reply To: Get PDF output to include preview titles and short description at chapter top

jepry

Reply to: Get PDF output to include preview titles and short description at chapter top

For anyone interested, I stumbled upon something in the DITA OT that controls this, buried in the file:

C:UsersAppDataRoamingSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfoCustomizationfoxslxm_commons_mod.xsl

Text-edit that file and uncomment the line:

(change to)

This line appears a number of times in this file, but only the one instance was commented out (in my file it's line 165).

I also commented out the two following lines, haven't tested if that was necessary, but it didn't hurt anything, so now they appear like this:

The result is that now at the top of each Chapter in the PDF I have links to the topics the chapter contains. It didn't include short descriptions but that's good enough.

So it's a “mini-toc” feature that's just turned off for PDFs in this installation of the DITA OT by default I guess, those links do appear in any HTML output I tried.

Products
Downloads
Support