Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion can’t get "Generate Output" item on File menu Reply To: can’t get "Generate Output" item on File menu

Derek Read

Reply to: can’t get "Generate Output" item on File menu

I'm not sure where you are right clicking so I don't know how to help with that. The standard context menu that appears when you click inside a document that is opened Tags On view or Normal view should not have any options to generate output, so I guess I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

If the File menu does not have the Generate Output options then either the product is missing some part of the installation or the file you are working with is not being recognized as a DITA file (either topic or map). In either case repairing or reinstalling the product may correct the issue.

But perhaps the file you are editing is using a specialized DITA DTD and that DTD is not integrated properly with the product. If you can cut and paste the first few lines from the XML source of the file you are having problems with we can check the type of document it is. Like so (the part in blue is really what I'm after):

<?xm-replace_text Topic Title?>
...etc...

If you know it is using a specialized DITA DTD and you have followed the instructions for integrating it in the topic “DITA specializations” (specifically the “Configure XMetaL” section) then we'll need to see the DTD in order to try to help. It is possible there is something in the DTD that needs adjustment or another issue.

Products
Downloads
Support