Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Generate PDF with Symbol, Courier New and Wingding Reply To: Generate PDF with Symbol, Courier New and Wingding

txvia

Reply to: Generate PDF with Symbol, Courier New and Wingding

Hi Derek: Thanks for the detailed explanation, your solution worked like a charm; I got it to work in the WebHelp output. The only problem I am having is that the command key symbol doesn't appear in the PDF output (I used XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP to produce my PDF docs). I read through the links you posted as well as similar discussions previously posted in this forum, I still couldn't get it to work. Basically I tried to insert a few lines of code in both font-mappings.xml and xep.xml to get this to work. Below is what I did (I am running XMetaL 6.0 SP1 on Windows 7 by the way):

1) In “C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OTdemoxmfocfgfofont-mappings.xml”, I added the following codes:

Wingdings

2) In “C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesXMetaL Sharedrenderxxep.xml”, I added the following:

I then redeployed DITA_OT and ran my PDF transform, to no avail.

Could you tell me what is wrong with code and whether I've done things right so far? Thanks a million.

Products
Downloads
Support