Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion XMetal 6: Support für XSD-Annotation / Schematron / XPath 2.0 / CSS2 / VS etc. Reply To: XMetal 6: Support für XSD-Annotation / Schematron / XPath 2.0 / CSS2 / VS etc.

Derek Read

Reply to: XMetal 6: Support für XSD-Annotation / Schematron / XPath 2.0 / CSS2 / VS etc.

#2. What you are seeing here is due to a bug that I would like to have addressed. The text should wrap and the text area should expand vertically. I am not sure when this was broken but it is on our list of things to fix.

#3a. The Selection object does not have a getNodesByXPath method. Only DOMDocument and DOMElement have it. To get a DOMElement from Selection you can do this: Selection.ContainerNode.getNodesByXPath()

Note: check your XPath statement as well. The following code should work:
Selection.ContainerNode.getNodesByXPath("ancestor::section[1]")
…or maybe you meant this?
Selection.ContainerNode.getNodesByXPath("ancestor::*/section[1]")

#3b. Unfortunately I think there are yet more issues coming with VS 2010 as Microsoft changes the way debugging and similar behavior functions, so we will also be dealing with those at the same time now and possibly deciding which to address.

#5. This is not supported at this time as far as I know. I'm not sure if we will support this type of thing in future or not. There are changes (as noted above) that have been made to VS 2010 that may force us to rethink some of our functionality. I'm not sure what the purpose of running disconnected VB code would be though. Can you explain why you would want to do that?

One thing that is clear is that VBScript is not VBA. Microsoft may simply not support the functionality you are expecting with VBScript. I'm not saying that is the case (as I don't know for sure) but it is possible that is why you see a difference.

Products
Downloads
Support