Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Feature Request: Syntax colorization in plan-text view. Reply To: Feature Request: Syntax colorization in plan-text view.

Derek Read

Reply to: Feature Request: Syntax colorization in plan-text view.

Lee,

I've posted a demo of what I think you were asking for here:
http://forums.XMetaL.com/index.php/topic,911

No guarantees that this is really what you wanted or that it will work perfectly in your environment. I thought it was worth investigating what might be done in the short term though. If it doesn't quite work or doesn't quite do what you need I assume you can probably modify or extend it.

I wrote it to work with Outlook (only) as that was the quickest thing to try and it was fairly simple to figure out. Something similar could be coded for other products based on this idea, provided the other product supports HTML emails, and you can figure out how to get the HTML in there.

Ideally it might be nice to try to figure out how to just get this stuff on the clipboard. That would probably need some Windows Clipboard API work to be done (in C++ or other) and that is quite a bit beyond a demo. At that point I think we're looking at our dev team doing some programming work.

Products
Downloads
Support