Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Possible to use conditions for different chapters of same book? Reply To: Possible to use conditions for different chapters of same book?

Derek Read

Reply to: Possible to use conditions for different chapters of same book?

I think very likely the ultimate solution to this (assuming I understand what is described here) is the DITA 1.2 “keyref” attribute and associated functionality. A few things need to fall into place before that can be done though, with the DITA OT being the main one obviously.

If you want to work on the bleeding edge (and perhaps ideally you also have a second computer or virtual machine you can muck around with) you might check this out: http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,747.0.html

I'm not sure what the support in the DITA OT that comes with that is like for “keyref”, but as far as editing is concerned you get the 1.2 version of the DTDs. This “configuration kit” doesn't add any special UI helpers for inserting the new 1.2 stuff, so you will be working in the Element List and Attribute Inspector when it comes to that.

Products
Downloads
Support