Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Page Preview doesn’t work when there is a conditional attribute in root element Reply To: Page Preview doesn’t work when there is a conditional attribute in root element

Derek Read

Reply to: Page Preview doesn’t work when there is a conditional attribute in root element

It should be that much longer, in my testing it might take an extra 500 milliseconds or so, but I'm not even sure of that because processing a single topic only takes a few seconds in total in my testing.

The stuff that is going on here when you conditionalize is the preprocessing that the DITA OT does. It takes all of the topics referenced in a map and sticks them all in one big XML document, this is then parsed further. Conditionalization happens during this phase. If you ask the DITA OT to generate output for just one topic it still goes through a similar step, making what amounts to a fake map containing that one topic.

The only difference between Page Preview and using the General Output for DITA Topic option on the File menu is that the resulting file is then opened inside a copy of IE sitting in the Preview window.

Products
Downloads
Support