Home Forums XMetaL Tips and Tricks Tutorial: Subsetting the DITA User Interface in XMetaL Author Reply To: Tutorial: Subsetting the DITA User Interface in XMetaL Author

Su-Laine Yeo

Reply to: Tutorial: Subsetting the DITA User Interface in XMetaL Author

I don't know of a way to restore a single menu item, however you can restore all the default menu items by deleting the relevant .TBR file from your Documents and Settings folder. For example, to restore all default menu items for DITA Concept topics, exit XMetaL Author and then delete or rename the following file:

C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataSoftQuadXMetaL6.0genCProgram FilesXMetaL x.xAuthorDITAXACsconceptconcept_ditabase.tbr

The next time you start XMetaL, it will use the following file to generate menus:

C:Program FilesXMetaL x.xAuthorDITAXACsconceptconcept_ditabase.tbr

And then when you exit XMetaL, you'll see that it has generated a new copy of the following file:

C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataSoftQuadXMetaL6.0genCProgram FilesXMetaL x.xAuthorDITAXACsconceptconcept_ditabase.tbr

I should mention that XMetaL menu items are generated dynamically through some fairly sophisticated code, and although the above method works for me, we haven't thoroughly tested it. Good luck.

Su-Laine

Products
Downloads
Support