Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash? Reply To: Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash?

Derek Read

Reply to: Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash?

I've finished configuring a real test box and I can now reproduce the crashes, extremely easily as long as McAfee “ScriptScan” is enabled.

Please go ahead and contact McAfee and provide whatever info they need. The issue is reproducible with XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 running in 30-day trial mode so they can easily get a copy.

In the meantime, at least I have something to show our developers too, so they'll be looking into it as well in case there is something we can do.

The only solution I have at the moment for avoiding these crashes is to turn the McAfee ScriptScan feature off, which is the same solution McAfee has recommended for various other issues listed in their Knowledgebase that look very similar (to me). Here's what McAfee says about that:

[quote=https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB55961]IMPORTANT: There is a security risk in disabling ScriptScan. Certain applications, like Outlook and Internet Explorer, can render and execute scripts before a file has been created on the local system, thus executing before the On-Access scanner can prevent them. The On-Access scanner can stop the payload of attacks via this medium, but ScriptScan prevents a legitimate threat from executing in the first place.

Products
Downloads
Support