Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash? Reply To: Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash?

gcrews

Reply to: Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash?

I still can get XMetaL 6.0 to crash after a fresh install. I did find some things that may help.

In the windows application log file it says:
“Faulting application xmetal60.exe, version 6.0.0.122, stamp 4b4ee45a, faulting module oleaut32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, stamp 4802a112, debug? 0, fault address 0x00004942.”
The interesting thing though is the event source it says “.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting”
I looked into what dlls XMetaL has open and looks like some .net framework 2.0 stuff is open. I have 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 versions of the .net framework on my system. Perhaps having older versions of the .net framework on the system is causing the crashes?

Also trying to pinpoint the issue, I found slurry of reads to topicref.xft right before the crash. The topicref.xft file is 37,806 bytes and it looks like it crashed one I/O read away from the end of the file.  The Microsoft application error reporting application (dw20.exe) also opens a handle to just that XMetaL file when it runs.   

Hope that helps. Images atached showing log and stuff.

Products
Downloads
Support