Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash? Reply To: Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash?

Derek Read

Reply to: Upgrade to 6.0 — map editor crash?

I have tested the following two versions of McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (trial versions) and cannot reproduce this crash yet, so at least on my test machines simply having McAfee installed is not an obvious trigger for this issue. There are many settings in McAfee VirusScan so I selected all default installation options and left all run-time settings at their default values.

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0i
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0

In both cases I am running XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0.0.079 on Windows XP SP3 with all current recommended Windows updates installed.

I've tried the steps posted by cdybdahl here http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,526.msg1660.html#msg1660
as well as every other major test we have in our test case suite for testing the Map Editor.

At this point I think we're possibly looking at some other trigger for this. If it was a common issue (ie: it happens for everyone) I would expect to have been flooded with complaints, but that is currently not the case, so it does still seem to be something unique that is triggering the problem.

I'll see if I can get “AT&T Internet Security Suite” (reported by AndrewinKC). It might do something that McAfee VirusScan Enterprise does not.

However, it could also be something entirely different so if anyone has definitive information pointing to a reproducible cause please let me know.

Products
Downloads
Support