Home › Forums › DITA and XMetaL Discussion › Check in or revoke checkout of multiple topics at once from XMetaL to a CMS › Reply To: Check in or revoke checkout of multiple topics at once from XMetaL to a CMS
Reply to: Check in or revoke checkout of multiple topics at once from XMetaL to a CMSNovember 18, 2009 at 12:48 am
This will depend on the CMS integration you are using and if and how they have implemented this type of feature (which may also depend on whether the CMS can support it). Best to check with the vendor that provides your integration.
If you are using “XMetaL Author Enterprise for Documentum Webtop” then the files a particular map references may also be checked in depending on how the map was checked out:
- If the map was checked out using the option “All, root and descendents” then any referenced files should check in.
- If the map was checked out using the option “Root with read-only descendents” or “Root only” then referenced files will not be checked in.
- If a referenced file was already checked out, and a map that references it was checked out (later) using the “All, root and descendents” option, a read-only copy of the referenced file is used. When you check in the map the referenced file will not be checked in.
- If you create a new map and insert a topic reference to a file that was already checked out, checking in the map does not check in the reference.
- If you use the “Insert topic reference” dialog to create a new topic, the topic file created is not checked in after the map is checked in.
- If a map is checked out via any option and you a add a reference to a file that is checked out, checking in the map does not check in the file.
We do not have a “check-in documents sitting in my Documentum cache” feature. You need to open each item in XMetaL Author Enterprise and select Repository > Check In Document. Alternatively, you may check documents into Documentum directly using the Webtop interface (running in your browser outside of XMetaL).