Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Xmetal Author Exit Error Reply To: Xmetal Author Exit Error

LeeHart

Reply to: Xmetal Author Exit Error

This usually occurs when an XMetaL customization is acting up (sometimes triggered by specific steps you have performed) or when the customization is not installed correctly (one or more files are missing or corrupted, etc).

<...>

You may try reinstalling the customization and if that does not work do a fresh installation of both XMetaL Author and the customization you are using. If that does not resolve the issue, and the issue occurs only after performing specific steps it is best to contact the makers of the customization and have them debug it. In turn, if the people that made the customization cannot resolve the problem they may submit a support case with XMetaL Support along with reproduction details and they will try to help out.

Is there any tool to help determine why XMetaL doesn't completely exit? If I use a control I built in 2008 XMetaL exits file. If I use the version I just built XMetaL does not exit. Both controls were built using the same major version of VS (2005).

Thanks,

Lee

XMetaL Versions 5.5.0.266, 6.0.0.068, and 4.0.4.429

Products
Downloads
Support