Home Forums DITA and XMetaL Discussion Disabling some automatically generated strings in CHM output. Reply To: Disabling some automatically generated strings in CHM output.

Su-Laine Yeo

Reply to: Disabling some automatically generated strings in CHM output.

Hi,

I'm not an XSLT expert either, so please take the following with a grain of salt:

You can use a free text-search utility such as PSPad to search for a particular string in all files in a  folder. E.g. if you're looking for the string “Parent topic” in the Open Toolkit's XSL files, you can use PSPad to search for “Parent topic” in C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataSoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OTxsl and its subfolders.

The search results will include a lot of language files, which you can ignore, and a file called rel-links.xsl. That looks like it's probably the file you're looking for for “Parent topic”, although I haven't tried hacking it to verify.

I think that most of the time, if you see the generated text “Foo” appear in U.S. English output, the relevant XSL file will also include the string “Foo”. In theory, however, you might need to open up the strings-en-us.xml file in order to see whether “Foo” in U.S. English output actually maps to something else in the XSL.

Please let us know if this works.

Cheers,
Su-Laine

Products
Downloads
Support