Home › Forums › General XMetaL Discussion › spell checker/thesaurus word list accessible for own terminology? › Reply To: spell checker/thesaurus word list accessible for own terminology?
Reply to: spell checker/thesaurus word list accessible for own terminology?June 30, 2009 at 5:13 pm
Yes, you can add words to what is called the User Word List for your language. It is accessible in the spell checker by selecting Options > User Word Lists. This is where words are added when you select the “Add” button in the spell checker.
You can mark certain words as “forbidden”. In the spell checker they are called “exception” entries.
To do this:
1. Launch the spell checker.
2. Select “Options” then “User Word Lists…”
3. In the User Word List dialog find your word by typing it in the left text field above the list.
4. If you find your word select it and go to step 6.
5. If your word is not in the list spell it out completely and click the Add Entry button. It will be entered as a
6. Select the “Properties” button and change the radio button in that dialog to “Exception entry”. No other settings are needed.