Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion How do I enable "Options" to auto-assign IDs? Reply To: How do I enable "Options" to auto-assign IDs?

Derek Read

Reply to: How do I enable "Options" to auto-assign IDs?

XMetaL Author Enterprise keeps track of these DITA options on a per-DTD basis, so you need to set these values for each topic type. Perhaps not so intuitive, the process for setting these is to open the topic type you want to set them for (topic, task, reference, etc) then make your changes in this dialog.

Long term we're looking at perhaps making it possible to do this once and have it affect all types but for flexibility we've implemented it this way for now.

Admins can distribute these files among users once configured:

%APPDATA%SoftQuadXMetaL5.5topic_ditabase_options.xml
%APPDATA%SoftQuadXMetaL5.5task_ditabase_options.xml
%APPDATA%SoftQuadXMetaL5.5reference_ditabase_options.xml

etc…

We are getting feedback from admin-types letting us know that it would be nice to have some easy method for configuring all the bits and pieces for their users (the files above, ct_config.xml, and some other things). We are thinking about it. We've got a lot of feature requests though, so where that will fit into our schedule (if anywhere, anytime soon) I can't say.

Note: A good summary of %APPDATA% and other Windows environment vars is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable#Examples_from_Microsoft_Windows

Products
Downloads
Support