Home › Forums › DITA and XMetaL Discussion › DITA Open Toolkit "Deployment" in XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 thru 8.0 › Reply To: DITA Open Toolkit "Deployment" in XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 thru 8.0
Reply to: DITA Open Toolkit "Deployment" in XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 thru 8.0April 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm
Suggested Steps for DITA OT Developers:
To modify and test the DITA OT that we install basic steps are as follows:
1) Make changes to installed copy in C:Program FilesCommon FilesXMetaL SharedDITA_OT
2) Redeploy the DITA OT to the user's per-user folder (%appdata%) *
3) Generate output using the XMetaL Author UI (this runs the deployed copy).
* This set of slides might give more insight: http://www.slideshare.net/XMetaL/dita-open-toolkit-deployment-with-xmetal-author-enterprise-6
* Basic steps for redeploying the DITA OT are to do one of these things:
A) Delete the folder %appdata%SoftQuadXMetaL SharedDITA_OT
Note that most end users cannot see their %appdata% folder (it is hidden by default). So, most people should use the following procedure (B) instead.
B) Use the XMetaL UI to force redeployment (essentially this does the same as A above):
1. Launch XMetaL Author Enterprise.
2. Select Tools > Configure Output to open the Configure Output Options dialog.
3. On the Advanced tab find this parameter and increase the value (in this example from 1 to 2):
cmd_dita_ot_per_user_version = 1
4. Click OK to dismiss the Configure Output Options dialog.
5. Either generate output or select Tools > Configure Output again.
6. When asked if you would like to upgrade the DITA-OT version select OK.
The DITA OT will be re-deployed from the installed version
(%Program Files%Common FilesXMetaL Shared) overwriting any existing
copy in %appdata%SoftQuadXMetaL Shared