Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion How to set consistent image DPI Reply To: How to set consistent image DPI

robsfl

Reply to: How to set consistent image DPI

Derek,

thanks for the great explanation. Yes indeed the image handling is related to the print output (PDF). Actually we have two types of images:

* Screenshot with varying sizes
These were previously inserted with a fixed DPI (180) in order to keep the size of the input fields and text consistent.

* Figures with a fixed consistent width and only varying height
Your tip to enter only a width works well here, I enter e.g. 420 px (depending on the print layout) and let Xmetal determine the height. I was only confused here because if both values are already set and I change one, then the other stays as it is. But on first insertion I enter the width only and all is fine.

I will look further into the handling of the screenshots based on your ideas. I do not fully understand the relation yet – images (e.g. a JPG) have no DPI information, only a size in px. Its the publishing program that determines the size in inches/cm from this size, based on a DPI value. So somewhere there must be a default DPI setting that determines just exactly HOW large in inches/cm a “100%-setting” is output in the PDF. If I find a sloution I will post.

Products
Downloads
Support