Home Forums General XMetaL Discussion Customer expects some initial response from XMetaL experts at JustSystem Reply To: Customer expects some initial response from XMetaL experts at JustSystem

ghkrause

Reply to: Customer expects some initial response from XMetaL experts at JustSystem

Su-Laine and Derek,
I fully understand that this is not the service hotline and shall inspire regular users or implementers of XMetaL products to share problems, tricks and ideas. On the other hand, “JustSystems sponsers the forum” and is currently the main knowledge provider. I have not recognized any certified XMetaL service provider in here, yet. I expect rather untested sample code and statements like “does not work (yet)” … here I list some phrases that you XMetaL folks could add to provide minimum feedback (from negative to positive):
a) No way to do this in XMetaL
b) Workaround needed, typically provided by professional services
c) Can be done, no solution at hand, maybe someone will answer in future
d) Solution draft or sample code available – will take some days to find and upload
e) A colleague from XMetaL will follow up soon
f) Sample code or initial idea attached
g) Known problem, here is code that really works and closes the gap

Of course similar answers are possible that rate the complexity, difficulty and availability of the correct answer. Many users do not have an idea whether they ask something simple or difficult. And where the “go and get professional support” starts?

I hope you like the challenge set by the customer(s ?). Up to now it looks like no other customers expects you to answer every question with a at least a single line as I do after reading “sponsored by …”.

Products
Downloads
Support