Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Clicking between words in XMAX 6 Issue  (Read 2580 times)
craig_83

« on: August 23, 2010, 07:31:25 AM »

I may have found an issue in XMAX 6.

We have an application written in C#. We have a method that when you triple click on the XMAX control it will find the parent element that has an attribute of "Item" starting from the point that you clicked.

So if you are in the middle of the element (could be an element within an element) and you triple-click the code finds the parent node with the attribute "Item" and selects this item in the XMAX control.

This is used to work no matter where you clicked within an item element in XMAX 5.5, but in XMAX 6, if I triple-click within a word the item is selected and then de-selected, i.e. it runs my code and then deselects the selection straight after. If I am in between two words, or selecting anywhere outside of the mouse being over text, the C# runs correctly and the item element stays selected.

It's a weird issue, but I know there was a previous issue when you held the mouse button down to long and the XMAX control froze, in XMAX 5.5.

Anu ideas?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »

I assume you are somehow capturing the triple-click event externally to XMAX (as we have no such event). If you are doing something inside an MCR file (and not in the C# code) then I'd be interested to see what that is as I'm not sure how that would be done.

The one thing I think might be interfering here is the new "spell check as you type" feature. If you see red squiggles under misspelled words then that feature is turned on and might be part of the issue.
craig_83

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 01:18:24 AM »

I am not using an MCR file and we are not using using the new Spellchecker features.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 04:32:32 PM »

Can you submit a simple example either here or via XMetaL Support that reproduces the issue? If we can reproduce it here we may be able to offer a solution, or file a defect report and have development look into it for a future release.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us