Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: new beacon event (xmax api activeX)  (Read 3523 times)
Baron

« on: July 23, 2010, 02:07:57 AM »

Hi,

I'm working on the integration of XMetal XMax' activeX in IE.

I would like to know if is it possible to listen to the event : " The author is openening a new beacon, named xxx" ?

Thank you for reading.

PS : I have some difficulties to find the documentation, where is it supposed to be ?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:30:12 AM »

I'm not familiar with the term "beacon". Can you please point me to something that defines it, or perhaps describe in more detail what you mean by this.

Documentation for XMAX APIs, including all events, are included in the Programmers Guide. The Programmers Guide is installed when you install XMetaL Developer, the product we sell that is used to create customizations for XMAX and XMetaL Author. If you do not have XMetaL Developer you can find documentation online here:

http://na.justsystems.com/content-support-technical-info
http://na.justsystems.com/content-support-user-guides
Baron

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 02:52:23 AM »

Thank you for your answer.

The term "beacon" is a bad traduction. I gonna explain it :

I would like to receive the event when the author is closing a new "tag" like : </item>

<item>P3X541</item>

(the red char symbolize the event)

Anyway, thank you for the links, they are usefull as I don't have XMetal Developer installed.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:29:25 AM »

Given your description, I assume you want to handle some special case when the user is working in Plain Text view?

There are no events triggered when you close a tag.  You could try to write a script that detects which view the user is in and then deals with that specific character (greater than symbol). You would then assign the greater than symbol as the shortcut key for the macro containing the script. When that key is pressed the script will run. You will then need an if...then statement to decide what to do:

Use the ActiveDocument.ViewType property to detect which view the user is in.

1) If the user is editing in Plain Text view then you can assume they are closing a tag and you would do what you are planning to do in your script. To detect if this is specifically a closing tag (and not an opening tag or an empty tag) would require some more complicated script and that seems likely to be extremely hard to capture and I suspect it might be so complicated that you might as well call it impossible (the amount of script required would be extensive to capture everything).

2) If the user is editing in Tags On or Normal view then you would call this:
Selection.TypeText("&gt;")
Baron

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »

You answered clearly to my question.

Thank you for the alternative idea.

Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us