Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: keyboard shortcuts to XMetaL commands  (Read 8001 times)
Verner

« on: May 08, 2010, 06:28:24 AM »

Hi

We have just bought XMetal 5.5 (to be integrated with the Trisoft CMS system). Do any of you know if there is a keyboard shortcut guide to download? Or have you made one for yourself that you are willing to share?

Verner
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:45:20 PM »

Launch XMetaL Author Enterprise and search for "keyboard shortcuts" using the menu item Help > Search for Help on...

That should get you what you need.
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

Or you can just look here: http://na.justsystems.com/webhelp/en/xmetalauthor/enterprise/6.0/XMEE.html#Keyboard%20shortcuts

:) Su-Laine

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
super-structure

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 12:51:34 PM »

Is there some way to add our own custom keyboard shortcuts? I'm so used to pressing CTRL+K to add a hyperlink/xref. My hand is about to fall off from all of the clicking required to repeat this.

I tried to use the Toolbar and Menu Customization to simply add a Shortcut to the Insert > Link > Cross-Reference menu item, but the field appears to be inactive.

What's worse, I inadvertently removed the Insert Xref toolbar tool and I can't even find a way to put it back in the Format toolbox (it doesn't appear anywhere in the Buttons tab of the Toolbar and Menu Customization dialog).

(This is XMetaL Author v5.5)

Jason Coleman
Sr. Technical Writer
Bentley Systems
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »

Hi Jason,

This should work:
1) Open a DITA topic.
2) Click Tools > Record New Macro.
3) Click Insert > Link > Cross-Reference.
4) Click OK in the dialog that appears.
5) Click Tools > Stop Recording.
6) The Define New Macro dialog appears automatically. In the "Create this macro for" drop-down, choose "Application <username>"
7) Choose a macro name and shortcut key, then click OK.

To "reset" toolbars so that you see all the default buttons, hold down the Ctrl key when starting XMetaL.

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us