Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Chunking HTML output  (Read 3629 times)
bzebian

« on: May 07, 2010, 12:42:39 PM »

This is with XMetaL 5.1.

I have three subtopics under a topic that I want to chunk into one HTML file. I have the following set in the XML, but it still doesn't product a chunk of output:

<topicref chunk="to-content by-document select-branch" href="DB_To_Extd_API_Temp.xml" navtitle="About Extending API Templates" type="task">
     <topicref href="DB_Incl_ExtdAttrib_API_Temp.xml" navtitle="Including Extended Attributes in the API Template" type="concept"/>
     <topicref href="DB_To_Incl_Cust_HangOffEntys_API_Temp.xml" navtitle="Including Custom and Hang-Off Entities in the API Template" type="task"/>
    <topicref href="DB_Conf_Serv_Cust_HangOff_API.xml" navtitle="Configuring Services for Custom and Hang-off APIs" type="concept"/>

Is there an ANT parm to turn on chunking? 
Thanks.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »

The DITA OT bundled with XMetaL Author Enterprise 6.0 (which is DITA OT 1.4.2.1) supports this as far as the deliverable type "Multiple HTML" is concerned (in my testing). No special parameters need to be turned on in this case. Note that I assume your XML construction is actually like this (if I assume correctly, you are missing the closing tag in the snippet you posted):

<topicref chunk="to-content by-document select-branch"...more attrs...>
    <topicref ...attrs.../>
    <topicref ...attrs.../>
    <topicref ...attrs.../>
</topicref>

[Note: In pure DITA OT terms "Multiple HTML" is referred to as the "xhtml transtype" in case you wish to check the DITA OT project at SourceForge.]

If anything, I would suspect that the version of the DITA OT installed with XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.1 did not have the same level of support for chunking that 1.4.2.1 does. That would not be too surprising as we initially shipped that version in March 2008 and a number of improvements were made at the SourceForge project between 1.4 and 1.4.2.1.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 05:46:48 PM »

See http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=artifact&group_id=132728&words=chunk

A long list of "chunk" related issues was addressed 2007+. If one of them was this particular limitation I guess it was either fixed or implemented.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us