Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Order of elements in find/replace dialog drop-downs  (Read 2817 times)
tonys
JustSystems Partner

« on: April 01, 2010, 05:15:30 PM »

What determines the order in which elements appear in the drop-down lists in the Find/Replace dialog?

The elements appear in alphabetical order for a document using the DocBook DTD, but for another document that uses a proprietary schema the order is not terribly useful (see attached). I think this order is basically the order in which elements appear in the schema.

Is this a basic difference between DTDs and schemas, and is there a way to change it?

Thanks,
Tony S.

* findrep.png (17.18 KB, 435x214 - viewed 536 times.)
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »

DTD is definitely sorted. The behavior for W3C Schema seems to be unsorted, and likely as they are declared.

There would be no way to alter this behavior given the current software functionality. If you would like to add some feature to control this (beyond simply always having the list sorted) I would suggest discussing the exact needs with XMetaL Support.

I do see right away that attempting to find an element for DocBook (Schema) in particular would be quite difficult due to the enormous number of elements allowed in that Schema and it makes sense to just always sort this list alphabetically (for all Schemas). I will file that as a request.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:50:12 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us