Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XFT Forms  (Read 4442 times)
edgeidc

« on: March 16, 2010, 11:27:32 PM »

Hi all. I am new to XMetaL. My question now is as follows.

In the existing solution I have multiple XFT's which are grouped accordingly and displayed. Now, I added a new XFT which contains only one edit box and I want to position that XFT at the desired location in the existing solution. What are the steps to be follwed and what files need to be modified to position the newly created XFT at the desired location?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:22:45 AM by edgeidc » Logged
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »

This is not really clear to me.

Perhaps it would be best to submit a support case to XMetaL Support containing your project in its current state and more detail about what you are trying to do. Having a look at your files may be the most efficient way to figure out what you have and what you are trying to do.
edgeidc

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:23:57 PM »

Apologies for not putting it clear. My project has various XFT's included which eventually are grouped as desired and displayed when the user opens the object from documentum webtop. The format of the object is xml. Now, my requirement is I need to add a new element to the existing xml and replace that element with my newly created XFT. I Understand that I need to make changes to the .ctm file of the corresponding project which will help me in controlling the display of the various elements. Which file do I need to modify to add a new element to the existing xml? My proj has the following configuration files
.ctm,.css,.rlx,.tbr.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:26:07 PM by edgeidc » Logged
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »

Yes, the .ctm file is the one you need to make changes to. See the topic in the Customization Guide called "Associate a form with a customization object" and is within the main section called "Forms". It has step by step instructions on this topic.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us