Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: SOLVED: PDF via RenderX not picking up MainBookTitle  (Read 2871 times)
JoAnne

« on: March 15, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »

Using XMetaL Author Enterprise  6.0.0.079 on Windows 7.

When I generate a PDF from a bookmap using 'Book via RenderX', the cover page does not pick up the mainbooktitle or the map title, but the title from the first file in the ditamap.

I don't have this problem when using 'XMetaL Enhanced PDF via RenderX XEP'.

Is there a way to fix this?

thanks...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:15:23 PM by jgrey » Logged
pmasal

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:28:18 AM »

We use a centralized DITA toolkit with the Idiom plugin for PDF2 processing. If XMetaL is doing the same thing (using the PDF2 plugin), you might need to add something the following to demo\fo\xsl\fo\front_matter_1.0.xsl, to ensure that PDF2 picks up the right title for bookmaps, normal DITA maps, and topics (when they are formatted by themselves):

<!-- set the title -->
                    <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="__frontmatter__title">
                        <xsl:choose>
                            <xsl:when test="$map//*[contains(@class,' bookmap/mainbooktitle ')][1]">
                                <xsl:apply-templates select="$map//*[contains(@class,' bookmap/mainbooktitle ')][1]"/>
                            </xsl:when>
                            <xsl:when test="//*[contains(@class, ' map/map ')]/@title">
                                <xsl:value-of select="//*[contains(@class, ' map/map ')]/@title"/>
                            </xsl:when>
                            <xsl:otherwise>
                                <xsl:value-of select="/descendant::*[contains(@class, ' topic/topic ')][1]/*[contains(@class, ' topic/title ')]"/>
                            </xsl:otherwise>
                        </xsl:choose>
                    </fo:block>

Paul Masalsky
EMC
JoAnne

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »

Thanks, Paul.  My PDFs are right again.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us