Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Suppressing bread crumbs  (Read 2683 times)
dwicinas

« on: March 09, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »

I'm generating Eclipse help from DITA-compliant source files in XMetal 5.5.

I want to suppress bread crumbs (the hierarchical path to the current topic that displays at the top of a topic).

I often re-use topics and the bread crumbs frequently show the wrong path.

I've done some experimenting with the XSL and CSS files to try to suppress this feature, to no avail. However I'm mostly stumbling around blindly. I'm almost a complete newbie in this area.

If anyone has any ideas or advice, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks
sandvik

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 04:42:32 PM »

Bread crumbs are generated dynamically by the Eclipse infocenter. I don't think that there is a way to suppress them -- if there is, it's probably some setting in the eclipse configuration.

You can fix the breadcrumbs path issue by setting the @copy-to attribute on topicrefs in your map when you use the same topic more than once. Note the same issue affects TOC synchronization, and the synchronization issue would persist even if you could remove the breadcrumbs.

--
Craig Sandvik
Sybase
dwicinas

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »

Thanks for that information, Craig.

I didn't even realize there was a problem with the TOCs, but you were right. When I checked, I saw that shared topics were indeed showing the incorrect path.

After some experimentation, I was able to use the copy-to attribute to solve the incorrect path to topics when they are displayed from the TOC.

However, I still have a problem with breadcrumbs when I display a topic via context sensitive help.

I'm not sure what the solution is except to suppress the breadcrumbs. Not that I know how to do that. And even if I successfully remove the breadcrumbs, I still have a problem with an incorrect TOC location being displayed for topics that are invoked from context sensitive help.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us