Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Print=No Attribute in DITA Map still appearing in PDF  (Read 4409 times)
palmer@dst

« on: February 24, 2010, 11:56:37 AM »

XMetaL Author Enterprise version#: 5.5.0.219

When setting the Print attribute to "no" for a Topic Reference in a DITA Map, the topic still appears when converted to PDF.

I can Comment Out the Topic Reference in the code and then it doesn't print, but shouldn't the Print attribute do that?

Thanks -

RPalmer

rpalmer
DST Systems, Inc.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »

The version of the DITA Open Toolkit you have does not support the expected behavior for this attribute.

I believe there are plans to include support for it in the DITA OT 1.5 and so when we integrate that version in a future release of XMetaL Author Enterprise you will have access to this and other improvements.
palmer@dst

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:50:05 PM »

Thanks! I'll just instruct our writers to Comment Out the Topics for the time being.

RPalmer

rpalmer
DST Systems, Inc.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »

Is using conditional text an option? I have not tested it, but if it works that would be better than using comments.
cdybdahl

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »

I was just perusing the Files area on the Yahoo DITA-users group and noticed a print=no plugin for the FO transformation. I remembered reading this post, and thought I'd pass along the information.

I have not tried it, so I have no idea how/if it works, but it's certainly worth investigating if you have a need for it.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/files/FO%20Plug-in/
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 03:09:34 PM »

Additional detail on the plug-in that Chad mentioned, which is basically a patch for the Open Toolkit, are here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita-users/message/12047 . The patch consists of two .XSL files. Assuming you have XMetaL installed in a typical way and are using one of the "XMetaL Enhanced PDF" deliverable types, you need to drop the files in the following locations:

- Drop topicmerge.xsl into C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SoftQuad\XMetaL Shared\DITA_OT\demo\xmfo\xsl\common
- Drop maprefImpl.xsl into C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SoftQuad\XMetaL Shared\DITA_OT\xsl\preprocess
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:21:09 PM by Su-Laine Yeo » Logged

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us