Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Add more than 1 map reference at a time to a DITA map  (Read 3782 times)
paul56

« on: February 01, 2010, 09:02:19 AM »

Is there a way to add more than a single map reference at a time to a DITA map to save time. I am using XMetaL 5.5 and my maps are stored in Documentum CMS 6.5. Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:01:47 PM by Derek Read » Logged
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »

Hi Paul,

Generally, the most efficient way to add topic references when you have existing topic files is to use the XML View of the map:

1) Open a DITA map.
2) In the Map Editor pane, click the File menu and choose "Switch to XML View of Map." The map will appear in the right side of the screen.
3) At the bottom of the Resource Manager pane you should see a "Desktop" tab, and if you are working with Documentum you should also see a "Webtop" tab. If you are working with files on your local file system, you can use the Desktop tab to browse for DITA topic files and then drag those files to the map document on the right side of the screen to create topic references.

If you are working with your local file system, you can select and drag multiple files at a time in step 3. With Documentum Webtop, I haven't found a way to select multiple files at once in the Webtop pane, so you'll be dragging one file at a time. However, this will still be faster than using the Insert Topic Reference dialog for each file.

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
paul56

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 02:29:15 PM »

I tried doing that, but nothing is added. Please note, that I am inserting "Map" references, not topics. Does that make a difference? I would usually do: "Insert: Map Reference."
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: