Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XMetaL Tag View Does Not Display Some Bookmap Elements  (Read 4607 times)
pmasal

« on: January 11, 2010, 07:30:46 PM »

In XMetaL Enterprise 5.5, the tag view and map views don't display some elements (like <bookpartno>). Is there any way to easily enable them?
Thanks as always,
Paul Masalsky, EMC
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »

The Map Editor view doesn't display any metadata elements, however when I switch to the XML View for a bookmap I can insert and see <bookpartno> elements. This is using XMetaL Author Enterprise 5.5 Service Pack 1. Are you using a specialized bookmap, or have you made any changes to your configuration files?

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
pmasal

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:27 AM »

Thank you, Su-Laine. I tried the same thing with the tag view, but can't see <bookpartno>, which is in the XML source for the bookmap (standard DITA 1.1 bookmap, no specialization).

I have attached a picture of my tag view, XML source view in Wordpad, and my XMetaL version information. Think I need SP1?

Thanks!
Paul

* xmetal_tag_xml_view.JPG (31.45 KB, 618x272 - viewed 577 times.)

* xmetal_version.JPG (24.12 KB, 350x296 - viewed 585 times.)

* bookmap_wordpad_view.JPG (84.93 KB, 823x404 - viewed 574 times.)
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »

Hi Paul,

Hmm, that stylesheet looks really old. Can you download the latest stylesheets from here, install them, and see if that solves the problem? :
http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,325.0.html

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
pmasal

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 03:52:52 PM »

Hi, with all due respect, I don't see how these new stylesheets are going to help with bookmap. Thbre are 2 new css files in the package:

ditabase-base.css
ditabase-derived.css

But for XMetaL Author 5.5 bookmap_bookmap.css in C:\Program Files\XMetaL 5.5\Author\DITA\XACs\bookmap, only the following are called out:

@import url(..\shared\bookmap-base.css);
@import url(..\bookmap\bookmap-base-override.css);
@import url(..\shared\bookmap-derived.css);
@import url(..\bookmap\bookmap-derived-override.css);
@import url(bookmap_bookmap-specialized.css);

Am I missing something in the updated stylesheet package? Should I update the specialized bookmap css to call the css files included in the package? Thanks!!
Paul
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »

Hi Paul,

You're right, of course - the CSS files I attached before aren't the ones being used for bookmaps. Doh!

The most likely cause of this issue that one of your CSS files has the following statement:
[class~="topic/data"] {
   display: none;
}

The bookmap-specific stylesheets I'm attaching to this post should solve the problem. These are the stylesheets that are installed with XMetaL 6.0.

To use them:
1) Back up your C:\Program Files\XMetaL 6.0\Author\DITA\XACs folder
2) Unzip the attached file and drop its contents into C:\Program Files\XMetaL 6.0\Author\DITA\XACs .

If these don't solve the problem, we can take a closer look at your stylesheet files.

Su-Laine

* Drop into XACS folder.zip (5.85 KB - downloaded 286 times.)

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
pmasal

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 12:56:27 PM »

I'm now well on my way toward a well-customized bookmap CSS, thanks your help. The culprit was actually:

/* topicmeta */
[class~="map/topicmeta"] {
   display: none; }

Since al the bookmap metadata is within <bookmeta class="- map/topicmeta bookmap/bookmeta ">, the CSS was hitting the map/topicmeta class condition and therefore not displaying the metadata.

Once I changed it to a block display, I can now format the metadata elements as desired.

Many thanks!!
Paul Masalsky
EMC
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us