Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Re: Specialized topic types - DITA OT PDF output  (Read 3956 times)
gaelle

« on: August 20, 2009, 09:21:54 AM »

Hello,

I have an issue similar to yours (http://forums.xmetal.com/index.php/topic,204.0.html).

I've created a new type of topic : a  <program>.
I modified the catalog files (catalog-dita.xml, catalog-dita.txt and catalog-dita_template) and created new stylesheets for the <program>.

I try to publish similar to this:
<map>
  <topicref href="topic1.xml" ...>
      <topicref href="concept1.xml" ...  />
      <topicref href="program1.xml" ...  />
      <topicref href="concept2.xml" ...  />
  </topicref>
</map>

But in the PDF I get
Topic 1
 -- Concept 1
 -- Concept 1
 -- Concept 2

My Concept1 has been doubled in the PDF but there is no Program1.
It is as if instead of creating my program. it copies the Topic before (Concept1). Am I missing something? Is there something I have to add? Have you ever add this type of issue?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 11:48:08 AM by Derek Read » Logged
deschnerc

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:00:36 AM »

Hello,

I have an issue similar to yours. I've created a new type of topic : a  <program>.
I modified the catalog files (catalog-dita.xml, catalog-dita.txt and catalog-dita_template) and created new stylesheets for the <program>.

I try to publish similar to this:
<map>
  <topicref href="topic1.xml" ...>
      <topicref href="concept1.xml" ...  />
      <topicref href="program1.xml" ...  />
      <topicref href="concept2.xml" ...  />
  </topicref>
</map>

But in the PDF I get
Topic 1
 -- Concept 1
 -- Concept 1
 -- Concept 2

My Concept1 has been doubled in the PDF but there is no Program1.
It is as if instead of creating my program. it copies the Topic before (Concept1). Am I missing something? Is there something I have to add? Have you ever add this type of issue?

Hmm...

First I would create a new map referencing these topics in the same order and try to publish it again. What about the topic titles and the IDs of "concept1" and "program1"? Are they similar?
gaelle

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:43:48 AM »

it has been a long research but I found the issue.
My Program files are first generated by an external tool then reviewed and modified in xmetal. And that tool create the @class attribute for tags in the file.
Apparently that makes a bug for DITA-OT. All types that already has a class attribute (other than the one it generate himself) are doubled. 
Thanks,
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us