Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Window overlays topic  (Read 322 times)
dmurphy

« on: March 04, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »

I am using XMetaL 12. A window with a gray background keeps popping up and overlaying the topic I have checked out. It occurs when I have entered something in Attribute Inspector, and pressed Tab, but it doesn't appear every time I enter something and press Tab. The window has "Active Tool Windows" and "Active Files" headers on it, listing the windows and files I have open. With that window open, I can't select or do anything. Pressing Esc causes it to go away. What is this window for, and how can I prevent it from appearing?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 05:52:21 PM »

This doesn't sound like a standard feature of XMetaL Author Enterprise to me.

Please check with the vendor for the CMS you are working with to see if this is a window they have added to XMetaL Author's UI, why it might be appearing in this instance, and if they know about the issue and whether they have a fix for it.

If you are sure this is something that is part of XMetaL Author's UI (perhaps I misunderstand from your description) having a screenshot of it might help clarify.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 01:31:46 PM »

Aha, oops, yes this is an XMetaL Author feature. It is new to 12 I believe.

Pressing Ctrl+Tab activates this window and allows you to navigate between all the various windows in XMetaL Author as well as switch documents.

If you aren't holding the Ctrl key down on purpose perhaps it is being activated by a sticky keyboard or something.

Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us