Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Registration Server Down?  (Read 490 times)
dduburon

« on: May 30, 2018, 01:18:20 PM »

My company uses XMetaL 8 Author Enterprise. I'm not an expert in the tool myself, but when I try to open it I'm getting an error that the tool can't hit the Registration server. When I try to manually supply the lic file we were given, I can see the license server address. When I try to ping your license server I cannot reach it. I also tried a 3rd party website that does a multi-location ping and it was also unable to reach the server.

I can supply more information if needed (I don't know if there is more than one registration server).
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »

The server no longer exists. It was phased out then shut down entirely in January 2017.

You have two options:

1. Upgrade to a more recent version. Versions 9 through 13 (current release) use a newer licensing system that does not rely on that obsolete (and very buggy) licensing server. The JustSystems sales team can provide everything you need. It is best to upgrade to the current release unless you have 3rd party software that requires a specific version of XMetaL Author Enterprise. Upgrades are included with the maintenance fees you are paying.

2. If you must use this old version for some reason please contact XMetaL Support.

If you need to run XMetaL Author Enterprise on Windows 8.1 or 10 you will need to upgrade to version 11 or higher as version 11 was the first to support these versions of Windows.
Wolcott

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 05:23:40 AM »

This explains it. I just recently started using XMetaL again after a long break and I wondered the same thing. I guess I'm going to update. Cheers Derek.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: