Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TopLeaf "Build Failed" from an API call failure for a locked partition  (Read 1581 times)
bholtam

« on: October 30, 2017, 02:16:58 PM »

I've never had this error before, and it came up suddenly. Now I cannot build PDFs through our TopLeaf transform. Using XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0.0.053 with TopLeaf.

BUILD FAILED
C:\PROGRA~3\SoftQuad\XMetaL\Shared\DITA_OT\build_topleaf.xml:136: API exec error: putdata: An API call has failed because a previous (or simultaneous) API call to the composition engine has locked the partition. (1031)

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? I found something about unlocking an API through the command line, but I didn't have any success with it. I can generate other outputs, but nothing through the TopLeaf transform. I get the same error each time when trying with many different maps and topics.

Thanks
tonys
JustSystems Partner

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:05:58 PM »

You can start the TopLeaf workstation, open the partition and select Unlock from the Commands menu. If you're using the XMetaL integration you can start the workstation by pressing Launch TopLeaf from the Edit deliverable type dialog.

If you are still having problems you contact support@turnkey.com.au
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: