Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Multiple Chapters In One Ditamap - Each Chapter holding part(s)  (Read 73 times)
Shekii

« on: August 07, 2017, 02:00:14 AM »

Xmetal Version Using: Xmetal Author Enterprise 10.0

Hi,

With our current stylesheet, we can successfully generate a PDF with multiple parts in the DITAMAP expressed as sections in the PDF and these sections make up one chapter. Although, now we need to generate the PDF with all of the collective chapters that have been made. When I try to insert even one chapter within the DITAMAP, it fails. I validated this DITAMAP against our DTD file and it came back successful.

Here is our current DITAMAP containing two chapters that I want to have on one PDF document:

When I try to compile:

The PDF generation works when the DITAMAP has many part map references but not with chapter map references.

Is it possible at top level, to have the chapter first and then part references inside these chapters? Or, due to the hierarchy of the dita standard, are chapters only allowed inside parts. I ask this because we have 20 chapters that we are going to be merging together.

I hope I have explained our problem well enough for you to understand, if not just tell me.

Thanks.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: