Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Scale Function in Enhanced RenderX PDF  (Read 5337 times)
bzebian

« on: July 21, 2009, 12:11:21 PM »

Seems to me that the image scale function does not work in XmetaL 5.1 Enhanced RenderX XEP PDFs. Is this an issue with the DITA OT shipped with 5.1 or the RenderX?
Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »

It's a known, and unfortunately still unassigned, issue with the Open Toolkit: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1852733&group_id=132728&atid=725074

I just noticed Radu Coravu's comment that he (or she) has a patch for the issue. I don't have the technical knowledge to know how to go about integrating a patch, however perhaps you or others on this forum would know how to do it.

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant
JustSystems Canada, Inc.
bzebian

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »

Thanks. I'll see if I can contact Radu & get the patch.
bzebian

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 07:25:34 AM »

I got the patch from Radu (some changes to the commons.xsl code) but have not gotten it to work. Also I'm finding that scale doesn't work in the HTML output either.  Will continue to work with.
bzebian

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 11:56:56 AM »

I found this in one of Derek's post on this board. This works just as well & the image is accordingly reduced in the output, so I'm forgetting about scale.
-----------------------------

If you wish to avoid the use of the scale attribute (which is not really supported by the DITA OT yet anyway, regardless of whether you are using DITA 1.0 or 1.1) set only one of the dimensions of the image. Both XMetaL Author Enterprise and the DITA OT currently support setting both width and height or one of either. If you set only one the other one will automatically size using the correct aspect ratio. This follows the rules laid out in the DITA Language Reference. XMetaL Author Enterprise itself handles width, height and scale properly, along with the various allowed units. The limiting factor here at the present time is the DITA OT.
samjohn

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 02:06:48 PM »

thanks for the advise it works for me..i am glad to see that image is reduced in output..cheers!!
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us