Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Display content of SDL LiveContent variables  (Read 1348 times)
marg

« on: June 14, 2016, 04:42:34 PM »

Using XMetal Author Enterprise 9.
Using SDL LiveContent Architect Authoring Bridge 11.1.2.

When I open a DITA topic that contains an SDL variable (similar to a DITA conref or conkeyref but proprietary), the content displayed by the variable can be inaccurate. It might be displaying local content, not the content from the external variable file. How can I get XMetal to display the variable content from the external file?

There are items under the Reuse menu that I can use to show a DITA conkeyref reference, etc. Is there something like this for SDL variables? My users are confused by the inaccuracy.

Thanks,
Mark
marg

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »

Replying to my own post with another question. Who is responsible for the XMetal LiveContent Authoring Bridge? Is it an SDL product? An XMetal product? It seems to be in a gray area with no documentation, from SDL or XMetal.

Thanks,
Mark
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »

All of the SDL bridges are coded, tested and supported by SDL.
cgettinger1

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 10:27:05 PM »

Hi Mark,

To resolve and display variables within a topic, always right-click > Checkout from the Publication Manager. Variables are resolved by values defined in the referenced Library topic(s) in the Resources Folder.

Also, feel free to join https://community.sdl.com/ to post questions on SDL LiveContent (now called Knowledge Center).

Chip Gettinger
SDL
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us