Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Conditional text in CHM output using XMetaL Author Enterprise 10 (10.0.0.082)  (Read 1188 times)
Kris

« on: June 13, 2016, 03:20:22 AM »

Hi there,

I have a tiny problem with conditional texts. In the XML view of my ditamap, I marked a few topics with Product A condition so that they wouldn't show up when I generate Product B's CHM output. These conditioned topics are not visible in the TOC, which is great, but I can still search for (and find) them on the CHM's Search tab. How come a conditioned topic is not completely filtered from the output?

If I use the same condition on a paragraph or section within a topic then those correctly do not show up in my output, so it seems to me that the issue is only with complete topics in the ditamap.

Your help is much appreciated.
nancyt

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »

Kris,

Make sure the topics you are filtering out of the Product B publication do not appear in a relationship table in any of the maps, or are also filtered out there. We deal with this issue a lot, and that is usually the culprit.

- Nancy
Kris

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 05:58:07 AM »

Thanks so much for your help, Nancy. I just had to apply the relevant conditions in the rel table and everything is fine now.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: