Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: TOPLEAF: extra space in footer  (Read 876 times)
JuliaM

« on: May 27, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »

Hi,
We are buildling our PDFs from TopLeaf.
In the footers of our PDF outputs, we have the product title, followed by the book title.

The format should be always like this: "Product ABC: Installation Guide".
The problem: there is often an extra space inserted after ABC and before the : sign. So that the output looks like this: "Product ABC : Installation Guide".

We have learned to fix this problem but the fix is a cludge and gets undone in XMetaL if you reopen the file.
Here is our fix: In the following bit of XML, in "code view" manually remove all line wraps and save the file without switching to "tags on" view.
<booktitle>
    <mainbooktitle>My Book</mainbooktitle>
    <booktitlealt>My Guide</booktitlealt>
    <booktitlealt>Version 1.2.2 • June 2016</booktitlealt>
  </booktitle>

If we do that, and then build with Topleaf, the extra space in the footer goes away. However, XMetal inserts these extra spaces automatically and so the fix gets undone.
What should we change in Topleaf to make it not have a space after ABC, in this phrase in the footer: "ABC: Installation Guide".  (Want space after the colon, but not before).

Thanks!

Julia
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:50:31 PM by JuliaM » Logged
tonys
JustSystems Partner

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 04:49:29 PM »

TopLeaf has various ways of controlling the way white space is handled. A solution would depend on how your stylesheet is processing this data. I suggest you contact support@turnkey.com.au for more information.
tonys
JustSystems Partner

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:50:05 PM »

I don't think this has anything to do with TopLeaf, since I've seen a similar problem when using the OTK. I would need to know more about what you are doing to be sure it's the same problem, though.
JuliaM

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 02:46:30 PM »

Thank you, Tony. We will write to you directly regarding this. We know that if we remove the reference to the book title from the css, the problem disappears. But we haven't looked further yet and hope you can help us fix it. Thank you!

Julia
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us