Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Auto-Assign ELement IDs "Options" button not enabled.  (Read 1011 times)
njmyers13

« on: February 08, 2016, 04:05:11 PM »

I just installed XMetaL 10 for a new writer and I'm trying to set up her environment. I cannot get the Dita Options > Auto-assign element IDs feature to enable (the Options button is not accessible). I've tried installing as both <username> and administrator, and neither work.
I've also given <username> all permissions on the /users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/SoftQuad directory and C:/ProgramData/SoftQuad/XMetaL directory, both to no avail. I'm out of ideas on what else to try.
Has anyone else run into this problem?
Thanks,
Nicole
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:41:38 PM »

For XMetaL Author Enterprise 10 this setting is stored here:
%appdata%\SoftQuad\XMetaL\10.0\dita_options.xml

The setting is as follows. It is set to TRUE by default, which enables the feature.
<property name="AutoAssignId">TRUE</property>
njmyers13

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »

Thanks Derek. I see that file (and about 15 others) in that directory on my system, but it is missing on hers. Other than the 4 subfolders, her directory only contains the following files: ct_preferences, default.tbr, dita_options, mediadisplayoptions, print_local, searchResult, shell.stg, XMetaL, and xmrepo_settings. Any ideas? thanks!
Nicole
njmyers13

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 12:48:53 PM »

Hi Derek,
One more oddity - another writer has "<property name="AutoAssignId">TRUE</property>" set in her dita_options.xml file, but the Options button is also disabled for her XMetaL.
Thanks,
Nicole

--OK. I figured it out - apparently you need to have a file open in XMetaL for it to become enabled. All users have all necessary files and are set up are set up correctly now. Thanks,
Nicole
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:20:46 PM by njmyers13 » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us