Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0: Element List sometimes not available  (Read 1741 times)
MarcB

« on: April 20, 2015, 05:19:20 AM »

I'm using XMetaL Author Enterprise 9.0.0.053 on a Dell laptop with Windows 7, hooked up to a Dell monitor and have noticed the following strange phenomenon:
When working in the office, everything is fine.
When working at home with the same laptop, the Element List does not display (Ctrl+Shift+I, or Insert using Element List).
The only differences are: at home I have a different monitor (but use the same resolution as the one at work), and use WLAN for Internet access.

OK, so I discovered the convenience of Ctrl+Enter for the look-ahead list, and try to remember Ctrl+Shift+L for "Change element", but it is still an annoyance.
The Attribute Inspector works fine.
I did not observe this with the previous version of XMetaL Author (8.0).
Any ideas of what might be happening?
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:38:46 PM »

I suspect this must be related to the settings stored for the position and size of the window for the Element List.

Try resetting the workspace to force XMetaL Author into its default configuration, then modify it as you like for each different monitor setup. To reset the workspace hold the Ctrl key down while launching the software and answer yes when prompted to reset the workspace.
MarcB

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 10:00:29 AM »

Worked.

Thanks, Derek.

Marc
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: