Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Ditamap not showing topicref navtitles  (Read 1744 times)
MFerris

« on: April 17, 2015, 03:33:08 AM »

EDIT:

I realized that I wasn't very clear about my problem. From what I understand, the .ditamap in XMetaL's resource manager shows each file in the tree with it's topic title. However, when i save, close and reopen the map the titles are no longer there and all show up as "topicref".

How do I fix this?

Also, is it possible to programmatically set the default file save type? I am distributing a specialization and want the default save file type to be .dita and not .xml.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:18:18 AM by MFerris » Logged
MFerris

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »

bumping post because my initial question wasn't clear, sorry!
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 12:23:03 PM »

The only thing I can think of that would stop the titles from displaying in the Map Editor (or XML View of Map / Tags On view) is that navtitle is not being set, or something is deleting it.

I cannot think of a reason that would be occurring. Perhaps you have found a bug in a specific release. Which version of XMetaL Author Enterprise are you running?

Has the software been modified? This would include installation of any 3rd party code that changes how the software functions, including integrations with CMS systems.
MFerris

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 03:27:48 AM »

I am using XMetaL 9.0. From what I understand, if a dita file doesn't have a navtitle, the topic title is used in the map manager window? I've just tried again to insert a topicref with the title set to "Test Topic" and it immediately shows up as just "topicref" and doesn't use the title.

The software has been modified but only in ways instructed by the guide to integrate a new specialization. I.e macros, .ctm, .css etc.

Also, is there a way to programmatically set the default save type as .dita?

Thanks again for your help Derek.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us