Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: Change dialog box - "The document is not valid - Save?"  (Read 1612 times)
bjorn

« on: March 30, 2015, 01:43:36 AM »

Hi.

I'm using XMetaL Version#: 9.0.0.053

What I want to do is to change the dialog box popping up when i'm trying to save a document that does not conform with the rule set (see picture below).
At first I thought this maybe could be change in a xft-file, but I couldn't find any xft-file related to this dialog box.
So after some more searching through the XMetaL files I located similar actions in some JavaScript files. 
Then I tried to locate the file JavaScript file which contain this information, so I could change the message and buttons.
But I couldn't find the correct file(s).

Do someone know where I could locate this file(s) to change the current dialog box?

I attached two pictures beneath, the original dialog box and one how I want to look(just to illustrate).

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bjørn

* vaildation_failed.PNG (10.82 KB, 572x344 - viewed 253 times.)

* vaildation_failed_new_message.PNG (10.66 KB, 576x315 - viewed 264 times.)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:53:32 AM by bjorn » Logged
barbwire

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 06:49:57 AM »

I think this error message is hard coded in the Xmetal. You cannot change it. At least I cannot find it from the files which are provided with Xmetal.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »

Yes, this is in fact a built-in dialog that you cannot modify.

You can use the File_Save event macro (and maybe File_SaveAs) to change what happens during a save. See the topic "File operations" in the XMetaL Developer Programmers Guide.

If you are working with a CMS then check with the vendor that provides the connector for that CMS as this may affect their features.
bjorn

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 01:40:14 AM »

ok, I see.
I'm making my own save macro.

thanks!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 03:21:19 AM by bjorn » Logged
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to:  

email us