Pages: 1
Print
Author Topic: "Could not find a Topic" error while editing metadata for specialization.  (Read 1894 times)
hhvmetaal

« on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:45 AM »

Hi,

we're using XMetaL 9.0 Author Enterprise.

When choosing Insert/Topic Metadata from the menu I get a message "Could not find a Topic" on a DITA specialization. When using a standard DITA topic like "General Task" I get the window for adding/editing metadata.

Why is this? Does XMetaL not recognize that our specialization is a DITA Topic?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for your answers.

Huib Verweij.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »

The software needs to be configured to recognize a particular DTD as DITA. In simple terms this means selecting the item Tools > Select Specialized DITA DTD and then following a few steps in a wizard to set that up.

However, you should also read this topic in the Help: Working with DITA > DITA Specializations
hhvmetaal

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 04:11:08 PM »

Hi Derek,

just to be sure I repeated a manual import of our DITA specialization like you suggested using Tools/Select Specialized DITA DTD. Before that import I deleted the generated folder from Author\DITA\XACs\1.2 and deleted the corresponding lines from dita12_speciliazed.soc and data_xac_catalog_specialized.xml.

XMetaL reported a successful import and after restarting the specialized DTD was found. However, with Insert/Topic Metadata I got the same response from XMetaL "Could not find a Topic.".

The XMetaL version we use is XmetaL Author Enterprise 9.0.0.053.

Regards,

Huib Verweij.
Derek Read
Program Manager (XMetaL)
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

Please see our email thread. In there (after looking at your files) I suggested that the paths needed to be corrected as you have one too many "../" in the path for some references to the standard DITA DTD files.
Pages: 1
Print
Jump to: